Sunday, August 26, 2007

Pictures from Saturday's photo shoot




Hi Everybody,

Well, yesterday's swimwear and glamour photo shoot was a success. Three models (Melanie, Rachael, and Ray) and about 10 other photographers showed up in the sweltering heat. We all sweated, but it was worth it. The river was cool and I walked around in the water up to my ankles to get better pictures. We were grateful that Racheal, one of the models got her feet, legs, and behind wet so she could be in the water for pictures - she's a doll. Melanie was a little uncomfortable getting directly in the water; but so what - she looked fantastic anyway. Yesterday evening and this morning I worked on a few of the pictures for posting. I still have a lot of images to prepare for the models since it was a TFCD (Time For CD images) shoot.

I experimented with a hand-held off camera flash fired by wireless remote for doing the shots. Tarik, one of the other photographers assisted me by holding the flash so I could better manipulate my camera. The flash was a Sigma 580Super and the wireless remote was from Hong Kong from eBay. The Sigma had to be put into slave mode which caused a slight problem - other people's flashes would set it off, making it less stable for me. I'm going to try to cover up the slave sensor and see if that works better. I also have a Viitar 583HV i'm going to try. I still have a lot of experimenting to do with off-camera flash and with setting the right camera exposures. I love the way the off-camera light models the subjects.

Later this afternoon, Kristie (my better half) and I going to my son and daughter-in-law's for dinner.



Here are a few more pictures from yesterday's photo shoot.












G e o r g e S k e p t o n P h o t o g r a p h y


"The Beauty and Excitement of People - Real People - Real Memories - Real Life"


H o m e F a s h i o n W e d d i n g s P o r t r a i t s E v e n t s C o n t a c t B l o g C l i e n t s