Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Green Mount Cemetery

Yesterday I went downtown to take the CTA workshop and test. I'm sure I passed. On the way home, I stopped at the studio to drop some more stuff off and then rode over to Green Mount Cemetery to take some pictures. It's about 3 blocks away from the studio. (this blog updated 11/11/09)





Green Mount is a historical cemetery, established in 1839 as one of the first rural cemeteries in the country. It is part of the National Registry with many famous people buried there. It is a world all by itself and is peaceful and rather beautiful and the statuary and monument artwork is magnificent. I walked around and explored for about an hour and here are a few images. The groundskeeper said the cemetery likes getting pictures but they want something different - so I over processed some images and here are a few. We'll see what they say. Here' a Wikipedia article about Green Mount.  I plan on going back.



 

 

 



G e o r g e S k e p t o n P h o t o g r a p h y


"The Beauty and Excitement of People - Real People - Real Memories - Real Life"


H o m e F a s h i o n W e d d i n g s P o r t r a i t s E v e n t s C o n t a c t B l o g C l i e n t s